Much has been written about Family Tree, the first of several site enhancements for FamilySearch.org, and the replacement for new.familysearch.org. We’re happy to report that Family Tree is now live on FamilySearch.org and is available to all users. This opens up the contribution, collaboration, editing, and sourcing tools of Family Tree to researchers—including potential family members— around the world.
As you visit with people about Family Tree feel please share with them the many exciting features of this new tool:
- Connect and collaborate with others on shared family lines
- Edit and delete incorrect data, including relationships
- Provide sources and links to online information that shows where you found family information
- Preserve family tree information for future generations
- Use Family Tree on behalf of someone else (helper)
- Print pedigree charts, family group records, and other reports
If you haven’t had a chance to see it in action, simply go the FamilySearch.org site and click on Family Tree at the top of the page. You can also take advantage of the training website to view tutorials, access a user guide, and much more.